#1 -- Champagne Supernova

Album: (What's the Story) Morning Glory

For my money, the quintessential Oasis song. It pains me to not pick the one song I’m most eagerly anticipating hearing live (and singing along to in a drunken stupor) in less than 24 hours (see below), but Noel’s vocals, although often musically superior to Liam’s, aren’t the main attraction. What can I say about a song about suffocation, changes, and getting high? It’s got it all, written in the true spirit of peace, love, and bananas (and a whole lot of coke), and packaged within their best album.

Noel once said, “That's probably as psychedelic as I'll ever get. It means different things when I'm in different moods. When I'm in a bad mood being caught beneath a landslide is like being suffocated. The song is a bit of an epic. It's about when you're young and you see people in groups and you think about what they did for you and they did nothing.” AMEN.

Thanks for visiting and sharing in the fun with me, and putting up with my pontificating. With that, I leave you, drunk as hell, excited as a virgin at a whorehouse, and unbelievably, intoxicatingly madferit. I’m off to catch a plane to New York, so I’ll see you at the gig.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my first pre concert beer will be consumed in 26 hours.

21 June, 2005 10:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight, castlecraver.

21 June, 2005 11:19  
Anonymous Chris said...

This was awesome. Well done.

21 June, 2005 12:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know where you rank the new ones!

21 June, 2005 16:29  
Anonymous Pete said...

Yeah enjoy the gig Castlecraver, tell us how it goes...

Enjoyed your list, well done on that front.

22 June, 2005 06:02  
Anonymous Pete said...

Yeah enjoy the gig Castlecraver, tell us how it goes...

Enjoyed your list, well done on that front.

22 June, 2005 06:02  
Anonymous Woody said...

cheers for the list mate - really enjoyed reading it (even if I didn't always agree!)

Hope you enjoyed MSG.

22 June, 2005 10:35  
Blogger ndrtkr said...

great blog, great list...

i hope you enjoyed the concert.

22 June, 2005 16:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home