#41 -- Full On

Album: Sunday Morning Call (single)

Okay, so I read someone’s rant about this one the other day, and I understand why they hate it. This is one of those songs that if you told me about it, without giving me a chance to listen to it, I’d probably hate it too -- like yesterday’s, there’s parts of it that sound nothing like you’d expect. Some of it even comes off as quasi-Ozzy Osbourne. It’s just reflective of the versatility of the band, and another one that could have easily made SOTSOG a better album. As it is, I don’t know why I’m so enamored with this particular oft-unmentioned B-side – maybe it’s the last frittering remnant of Oasis’ BHN-esque guitar rock.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Pete said...

Gave this track another listen last night to see if i was missing out on something. Afraid i don't get it, sounds very average to me and would probably be in the lower reaches of my top 100.

13 May, 2005 09:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home