#40 -- Whatever

Album: Whatever (single)

I’m gonna catch hell for this the same way I did for SCYHO – but it’s just my inconsequential, non-expert opinion. I LOVE this song, I just can’t stand the lyrics. The song is freaking beautiful – it probably earned 25 spots just on the string section alone. But seriously, “get on the bus/cause no fuss/get a grip on yourself/it don’t cost much”?? You can do better, Noel. Sounds incredible acoustic, I just cringe when I hear a couple of those lines. Still, if you haven’t heard this track (because it was released as a standalone single), it’s worth getting drunk to.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Paul said...

This is one of the greatest songs Oasis have ever done. I'm looking forward to seeing the 39 songs you think are better than this.

13 May, 2005 09:50  
Anonymous Pete said...

A great tune, one of their best. Would at the very least get into my top 30.

13 May, 2005 09:56  
Blogger Pat said...

Like I said, my only complaint is with the lyrics -- I love the song too -- the words just bug the hell out of me.

13 May, 2005 14:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lose a lot of credibility putting Whatever at 40.

15 May, 2005 21:46  
Anonymous pat said...

you lose a lot of credibility posting anonymously 8)

16 May, 2005 14:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home