#81 -- Hello

Album: (What's the Story) Morning Glory

Oasis opened their first headline at Glastonbury with this song back in 1995, and I must say it was appropriate. It borrows a riff from Gary Glitter’s (yeah, that guy) Good to be Back, which is enough to make it interesting if for nothing other than its very cheeky reference to one of the stupidest acts in music, which just happens to be leading off what certainly is one of the top 5 albums of the 1990’s. As a first track though, I think it’s a little weak, and it hardly stands up to the magic of the rest of the album.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse this is posted a lil TOO early.. can we please not pre post the daily song, you are messing up the mental countdown i have to this day in my head :)

02 April, 2005 02:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree this is probably the weakest opener of all the albums. I do like Liam's vocal on it, though.

03 April, 2005 11:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home