#63 -- Fade In-Out

Album: Be Here Now

Johnny Depp plays slide guitar on the opening. How cool is that? Oasis shows it can do blues too with this track, and it sounds totally unique and compelling with Liam’s voice. I question whether the title should be “Fadin’ Out,” or at least that’s what it sounds like it should be. Putting the hyphen between “in” and “out” makes it seem a little too artsy strange for my liking, and doesn’t do the song justice. I’ve always felt the breakdown is incredible – they should have extended it. This is certainly one of the more sadly overlooked tracks on Be Here Now – not what you’d expect from our lads, but an awesome tune.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree. I thought this track proved Oasis can NOT do blues.

20 April, 2005 13:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home