#98 -- My Big Mouth

Album: Be Here Now

It’s been suggested that this song contains an adaptation of “I Never Saw a Moor”, a by the 19th century poet Emily Dickenson. True, this is a very poetic song, but the lines attributed to the poem (I ain't never spoke to god/and I ain't never been to heaven/but you assumed I knew the way/even though the map was given) are about the only ones that make any sense to me. Of course, we have a lot more legendary Oasis tracks that should be credited as “written by N. Gallagher/Lots of Drugs” than confusing ones, so I can’t complain. After being fully titillated by D’You Know What I Mean, the distortion followed by the full-band cacophony in this track should be the listener’s first clue Be Here Now bears only a shaky resemblance to either of Oasis’ first two albums. Not that it’s a bad thing, mind you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love to do coke and listen to be here now.. ahh nothing else like it. blow lines strait through.

16 March, 2005 20:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this one more than "Magic Pie."

17 March, 2005 11:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home