#93 -- Magic Pie

Album: Be Here Now

I’m probably going to catch a little heat for not liking this song as much as I should by the people who regularly read this site (there’s surprisingly many of them, but spread the word, you lot!). “An extraordinary guy can never have an ordinary day,” is one of my favorite Oasis lines, but in an album that’s starved for a classic Noel ballad, we get a song about a magic pie. A MAGIC PIE?!?! Whatever you’ve been smoking/snorting/drinking/huffing/popping when you wrote that, Noel, I’d like to know where I can get some.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Pete said...

about right, my least favourite song on the album. Magic Pie, i ask you !! rubbish.

21 March, 2005 09:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is ranked exactly right. If you remember, Paul McCartney's record at the time was Flaming Pie. The Beatle references were getting very stale.

21 March, 2005 10:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh not GET REAL .. i love magic pie!! this is a flaming outrage.

21 March, 2005 10:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home