#91 -- Born on a Different Cloud

Album: Heathen Chemistry

Okay, I’m going to catch a lot of hell for this one. I just don’t really like the song. It works musically, and fits Liam’s post-Be Here Now personality to a tee; I just never cared much for it. It sounds very John Lennon, but if there ever was any doubt that Oasis at times make an ill-advised exodus from the kind of music that made them world famous, Born On A Different Cloud is a case-in-point. What did I say yesterday? Oh yeah, they could have totally swapped this song for Andy’s “Thank You for the Good Times” and Heathen Chemistry would have been a stronger album. I don’t think this track adds anything, nor do I think the electronic effects do much for Liam’s rasp.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna argue with you. I think it starts promising, but then it takes a wrong turn. I would've crunched it in a Columbia-style sway, but instead, it moves into a poor Beatle imitation. Drawing on The Beatles works when the song is exciting, but this just sounds tired. I'm hoping Liam's songwriting on the new record beats this. By miles.

23 March, 2005 11:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE BORN ON A DIFFERENT CLOUD!!!!!!!!!


LONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEELLLLLLLLY SOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL BUSY WORKING OVVVVVVVVVVER TIMMMMMMMMMME

23 March, 2005 18:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home